Get to Know the New Kuali Research SaaS
New Features, Training, and Office Hours - January 2022
The UAccess Research System (Kuali Research under the hood) will be updated to Kuali Research Software-as-a-Service on January 25, 2022. You will find below an overview of the new features and training opportunities available to you.
- Immediate updates: The University will receive security updates and improved system functionality in real time.
- No more VPN: Say goodbye to your VPN woes. You will be able to log in with your UA NetID, password, and NetID+ authentication without having to connect through VPN. Great for those places where VPN access might be blocked.
- Fewer routing stops: Lead unit pre-approval will no longer be required. Proposals will route simultaneously and immediately to investigators and department approvers.
- Search everything: Search functionality just got a whole lot better. Don’t worry about knowing the correct field for your search term to achieve the best results. The dynamic Search Records feature scours all available fields for your specified words or numbers.
- Convenient dashboard: The new dashboard will increase transparency by providing greater visibility to work in progress. The “proposals not yet routing” feature enables reviewers / approvers to see which proposals include them in the route path and will be routed to them in the near future, whether they are the Lead Unit or not.
Available Training Sessions and Office Hours
Take advantage of one of many live training sessions with Sponsored Projects to become familiar with the new system look, feel, and navigation, and to understand features and processes. We’ll also hold office hours where you can bring specific questions and challenges to be addressed by our experts.
Orientation/Overview of Changes (new features, new layout/navigation)
- Zoom Webinar - Monday, Jan. 10, from 10-11 a.m.
- Zoom Webinar - Tuesday, Jan. 18, from 2-3 p.m.
- Zoom Meeting followed by virtual Office Hours - Tuesday, Jan. 25, from 9-11 a.m.
- Zoom Meeting followed by virtual Office Hours - Monday, Jan. 31, from 1-3 p.m.
- Zoom Meeting followed by virtual Office Hours - Wednesday, Feb. 2, from 1-3 p.m.
Proposal Development (proposal creation, submission, and routing)
PI/Co-I/Key Personnel (review, approval, coordination of changes)
Department/College/Responsible Unit (review, approval, coordination of changes)
Office Hours: To register for office hours, click on the link below to see available days and times. Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation with an ical invite along with either the in-person room location or the zoom link. Our registration tool has quotas for each session and choices only appear if there is room. If all sessions in a given week are full, you will be given the option to join a waitlist.
For questions or more information, contact Shana McClelland at email@example.com.