Implementing a New Institutional Review Board (IRB) System
The Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP) will launch a new system, eIRB, designed to make submitting human research protocols easier and faster. For more information about the implementation process, please visit RII’s New Systems Information Webpage.
August 13th is the last day to submit to the HSPP for full committee review. August 20th is the last day to submit to the HSPP for non-committee review.
Please note the following important dates in the implementation process:
- Aug. 13 – Last day to submit to the HSPP for full committee review.
- Aug. 20 – Last day to submit to the HSPP for non-committee review. Any submissions received by this date but not yet finalized or any submission received after this date may not be reviewed and will be returned to you with further instruction on how to proceed.
- Aug. 25-Sept. 12 – Blackout period (No IRB system will be available for submissions).
- Sept. 13 – eIRB is available to submit materials to the IRB.
How will this affect you?
The new system is relevant to all University employees and students who conduct research involving human subjects.
- Please plan your submission to the HSPP with the above dates in mind.
- If your existing project(s) is set to expire during the planned blackout period, please submit a renewal or closure paperwork to VPR-IRB@arizona.edu as soon as possible. The HSPP will prioritize renewal submissions to ensure approval does not lapse due to system down time.
- For urgent matters and Just-in-Time (JIT) requests that arise during the planned blackout period, please contact Christine Melton-Lopez, Director HSPP, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward this notice to any undergraduate students that may find this information useful.
For questions or more information, please contact the HSPP at VPR-IRB@arizona.edu.