Training & Development Resources for Research Administrators
Research, Innovation & Impact (RII) offers an extensive program of workshops designed to help research administrators and business offices successfully work with faculty researchers to navigate the full research cycle, from finding and securing funding, negotiating contracts, and managing the award, to ensuring compliance with relevant laws and policies.
If you are interesting in having one of these workshops presented for your department or college, please contact the Research Training & Education Team at Research-Training@email.arizona.edu. We can also deliver specialized training by request.
Jump to section:
Sponsored Projects Services Training & Development
Sponsored Projects Services, a unit of RII, facilitates a monthly Research Administration (RA) Forum which hosts speakers on pertinent topics, provides training and development opportunities to campus, and communicates opportunities and upcoming changes to processes, policies, and systems.
SPS also moderates the RAMTalk listserv, which notifies subscribers of training, events including the monthly RA forum, funding announcements, policies, procedures and other research related communications.
To subscribe, go to https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/subscribe/ramtalk, enter your UArizona email address, and click submit. You can also Subscribe, Unsubscribe, and manage your Subscriber Options by going to https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/ramtalk, logging in, and selecting the appropriate option from the left hand navigation panel.
Upcoming Development Opportunities!
NCURA is holding Financial Research Administration (FRA) and Pre-award Research Administration (PRA) conferences in Las Vegas, NV in March 2023!
These conferences and the associated workshops are a wonderful way to grow your knowledge and skills in these areas.
Held Monday and Tuesday, March 6th and 7th with a shared workshop day on Wednesday, March 8th. Workshops are an additional cost.*
Held Thursday and Friday, March 9th and 10th with a shared workshop day on Wednesday, March 8th. Workshops are an additional cost.*
NCURA is offering bulk registration in packages of 5 which result in a savings of 10% off the member or non-member rate. When an NCURA member purchases the bulk package, the member rate applies whether all 5 registrants are members or not! So be sure to have an NCURA member purchase the bulk package whenever possible!
If you would like to band together with other members or non-members for this pricing, please complete and submit the Interest Form no later than January 8, 2023 for early bird registration and by February 5, 2023 for regular registration.
|Registration type||member rate||non-member rate|
|FRA Early Bird:||$3,307.50||$3,532.50|
|PRA Early Bird:||$3,150.00||$3,375.00|
|Half-day Workshops:||$ 125.00||$ 125.00|
|Full-day Workshops:||$ 250.00||$ 250.00|
*There is no discount for workshops. Individuals will be responsible for registering for workshops on their own once the group has registered for the conference.
Participants in this Interest Form will receive an email on January 9 for Early Bird or February 6 for Regular registration to enable you to contact each other and work together to arrange groups and determine who will complete the registration and how participants will contribute their portion. This gives you two weeks to form your groups and purchase the registration.
UA has a license for the CITI Program course Essentials of Research Administration Training
- Enroll through EDGE Learning (Course ID: CITI-189968) to ensure your participation is recorded.
- Then, log in to CITI with your UArizona NetID and password, select "View Courses" for University of Arizona, then scroll to the bottom of the next page and select "Add a course." Enroll in and complete the Essentials of Research Administration Course.
The United States Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Council offers free Grants Training 101 modules designed to provide Federal officials a basic knowledge training on grants and cooperative agreements. The training is not designed to provide detailed administrative, accounting and audit requirements that are specific to programs based on their statutory provisions, agency regulations and guidance. Thus, this training should be supplemented by materials that are specific to agency guidance and requirements.
- Module 1 - Laws, Regulations and Guidance:
- Module 2 - Financial Assistance Mechanisms
- Module 3 - Uniform Guidance Administrative Requirements
- Module 4 - Cost Principles
- Module 5 - Risk Management and Single Audit
National Science Foundation Resources: Virtual Grants Conference Sessions
- 2023 Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) - Goes into effect January 30, 2023
- 2022 Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
- Virtual Grants Conference Sessions (filter by desired Year and Media Type: Webinar)
- NSF Webinars
- NSF YouTube Channel
National Institutes of Health Resources:
- NIH Grants & Funding
- Virtual Seminar Sessions/Conference
- NIH Webinars
- All About Grants Podcasts
- NIH YouTube Channel
- "Open Mike" Blog
- NIH News Highlights
National Council of Research Administrators (NCURA) Resources
University of Arizona online workshops
- Postaward Microlearning Videos
- UAccess Research Training Videos
Instructor-Led Workshops & Training
Following workshops are available to the campus community.
Jump to section:
Please visit Research Development Services
Research Compliance & Ethics
Training & Workshops
- Conflict of Interest
- Export Control
- Human Subjects Protection Program
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Health Information Privacy and Security
- Radiation, Chemical and Biological Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
- Committee on Publication Ethics (CORE)
- The Office of Research Integrity