Animal Welfare Concerns
Animal welfare concerns are taken very seriously at The University of Arizona. If you have an animal welfare concern, please contact one of the following. Complaints can be made anonymously.
- The AWP via an on-line form found here.
- AWP Office staff at (520) 626-9071 (voice mail only) or (520) 626-1247
- Any member of the AWP, IACUC, or any University Animal Care veterinarian
- Emailed Welfare Report Form
- University Animal Care - Arizona Health Sciences Center (AHSC) Office (520) 626-6702
- University Animal Care - Central Animal Facility (CAF) Office (520) 621-1330
- Anonymous Ethics and Compliance Hotline: (866) 364-1908 or https://compliance.arizona.edu/hotline
The confidentiality of any complainant will be maintained by all individuals involved in the review and/or investigation of alleged violations of animal care and use regulations and standards.
False or malicious charges brought by the complainant to purposely harm the University or any of its departments, divisions or units, the AWP, the IACUC, or any individual, will be handled according to the applicable classified staff, academic professional, or faculty policies of The University of Arizona.