Research Security Program
Strengthening protections of research and development against foreign government interference and exploitation while maintaining an open environment to foster research discoveries and innovation that benefit our nation and the world.
Learn about Foreign Components that must be disclosed.
Disclosable Foreign Components
Learn about Foreign Interests that must be disclosed.
Disclosable Foreign Interests
Learn about Malign Foreign Talent Programs.
Malign Foreign Talent Programs
Learn about Foreign Affiliations that must be disclosed.
Disclosable Foreign Affiliations
What should you do to protect R&D?
- Verify all Outside Interests, Outside Activity and Foreign Affiliations that are included in your disclosure to a research sponsor (e.g., current & pending, other support, foreign components) have been disclosed in your most recent certification in eDisclosure.
- Ensure you have disclosed all Foreign Interests, Foreign Components and Foreign Affiliations in eDisclosure.
- Ensure you have disclosed all Foreign Components to sponsoring agencies within either the proposal submission or through a post-award prior approval request. For more information on federally required disclosures, visit this disclosure table NSPM-33 Implementation Guidance Pre- and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support.
- Ensure you have disclosed all outside research as an Outside Commitment in eDisclosure. More information is available here: When is Research an Outside Commitment?
- Follow all requirements for uploading foreign contracts and agreements in eDisclosure.
- Complete Information Security Awareness training in EDGE Learning.
- Complete Information Security: Insider Threat Awareness training in EDGE Learning.
- Comply with the University of Arizona's International Travel Safety and Compliance Policy (interim).
- Register Official Travel (as defined in the International Travel Safety and Compliance Policy (interim)) in the University of Arizona's International Travel Registry.
- Complete export control training as required by the Export Control Program.
Learn more about NSPM-33 and the background of Research Security and Undue Influence here.