When is Research an Outside Commitment?

When you enter into any commitment or obligation, even if it is not in writing, to Conduct Research for or on behalf of an individual or entity outside of UArizona (e.g., delivery of research results or data to the outside individual or entity) it constitutes an Outside Commitment and must be declared as such in advance of the activity, unless there is an existing signed agreement or contract between the outside individual or entity and the University of Arizona, on file with either RII Sponsored Project Services, RII Contracting Services or UAHS Research Administration, and which covers this specific commitment or obligation.

Non-sponsored research must be disclosed for conflict of interest review but is not an Outside Commitment that requires conflict of commitment approval unless you are Conducting the Research for or on behalf of an outside individual or entity.

FAQ Page


Subscribe to the UArizona Impact in Action newsletter to receive featured stories and event info to connect you with UArizona's research, innovation, entrepreneurial ventures, and societal impacts.

Subscribe now