foreign entity

I have been asked to lecture at a foreign university over the summer, however this is voluntary therefore I will not be compensated nor will I be reimbursed for travel. Am I required to disclose this information?

If you are an Investigator, you must disclose, via eDisclosure, affiliations with foreign governments, foreign institutions of higher education, any other foreign entity and foreign nationals when conducting activities such as consulting, laboratories or teaching (whether paid or unpaid, or voluntary). Gifts and/or any travel support of any amount you receive must also be disclosed.

Additionally, all University Employees whose FTE is 0.50 or greater, are required to submit a disclosure of Outside Commitments and/or Outside Employment (COC form) via eDisclosure for any activity that meets the definition of an Outside Commitment or Outside Employment.  The Outside Commitment Decision Tree  may be of assistance to you in making the determination as to whether this activity meets the definition of an Outside Commitment.


See Also


What are foreign affiliations?

Foreign affiliations are defined as associations/relationships (e.g. conducting activity such as consulting engagements, research collaborations, appointments or titles, or teaching) with foreign institutions of higher education, foreign governments, foreign companies or foreign nationals.

What is a foreign entity?

A foreign entity is any corporation, business association, partnership, trust, society or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the United States, as well as international organizations, foreign governments and any agency or subdivision of foreign governments. A person (even a U.S. citizen) is considered a foreign person if they work for or represent a foreign entity.

Subscribe to the UArizona Impact in Action newsletter to receive featured stories and event info to connect you with UArizona's research, innovation, entrepreneurial ventures, and societal impacts.

Subscribe now