HSPP Training Opportunities
The UA Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP) is committed to meeting the educational needs of the research community. This page contains information about various educational and training opportunities offered throughout the year.
For information and how-to videos related to eIRB, please visit the eIRB Information webpage.
Spring 2024 Workshop Series - Coming Soon!
Virtual Office Hours
HSPP representatives will be available every other week starting on Thursday, 1/5/2023 from 10-11 am. Join via Zoom using this link: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/87546210831. Registration is not required to attend these sessions.
In-Person Office Hours
Starting 7/05/2023, the HSPP will begin hosting in-person office hours on the 1st Wednesday of every month from 1:30 – 3:30 pm in Room #3429A at the Clinical & Translational Sciences Research Center (CATS), located at 1501 N. Campbell Ave. The HSPP Director and Assistant Director will be available to answer any IRB-related questions, comments, or concerns. Registration is not required to attend.
To request an individual office hour session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Empowering Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs) Workshop Fall 2023
- Exploring Ways to Foster Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Research Workshop Fall 2023
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Successful IRB Submissions Workshop Fall 2023
- Reliance Process and External IRB Submissions Workshop Spring 2022
- Responsibilities of Advisors and Scientific/Scholarly Reviewers Workshop Spring 2022
- How to Prevent IRB Non-Compliance Workshop Spring 2022
- Informed Consent Workshop Spring 2022
- Overview of IRBs
- FDA Regulated Research
- Classroom Research
- Research with Native Americans and Indigenous Populations
Request a Training
The HSPP also presents training and classes upon request. If you are interested in setting up training on a specific topic or having an HSPP member present training at a class, lab, or faculty meeting, please contact email@example.com. You can also provide input for future workshops and training opportunities by using the research community input survey.