These resources provide guidance, templates, and additional material that may be helpful in writing a successful proposal.
- Biographical Sketches. Information on the 2015 National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation Biographical Sketch requirements with links to templates.
- Data Management Plan. Use this tool to generate a customized data management plan.
- Project Management Plans. These tools assist in developing a proposal development plan. Coming soon
- Postdoctoral Mentoring Plan/Individual Development Plan. Information on National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation requirements and tools for writing mentoring and development plans.
- Small Business Contracting Plan. Information on Small Business Contracting Plans required by federal contracts.
- Letters of Support. Information on requesting an institutional letter of support.
- Broader Impacts. Information and resources on creating broader impacts plans and statements.
- SBIR/STTR Programs. Information on the Federal Government Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer awards, with information on how to connect with local businesses.
Research Development Services (RDS) Proposal Development Assistance
Services may include consultation on strategies to enhance proposal fit with the solicitation, competitiveness assessment, discussion of proposal components and proposal development plan, and review for resubmission.
Services may include review of the proposal narrative for adherence to the solicitation, narrative text and figure editing, assistance in identifying and leveraging UA resources and programs, abstract review, review for document organization, internal consistency, and structural cohesiveness.
Large Complex Proposal Support
Services may include consultation on proposal strategy, project team meeting facilitation to clarify project goals and implementation plans, iterative proposal editing, assistance in developing alternative text presentations (e.g. tables, timelines, Gantt charts), graphics assistance, preparation of supporting material, advise on project leadership and organization plans, assistance with development and preparation of non-technical components of the proposal, and coordination of proposal reviews (internal and external).
Project Management Support
For large complex proposals where a RDS Associate provided significant and substantive support during the proposal development, RDS may offer up to three months at 0.3 FTE support from the Associate to assist the PI in project initiation and start-up during project execution. These services may include: assistance with staffing the project, coordinating the kick-off meeting and team communications, and mapping contract deliverables.
These services are available to UA faculty at no-cost. Contact Research Development Services for additional information. Please note that in order to provide the best possible service to all faculty, service may be tailored based on the time of notification and availability of the appropriate RDS Associate. To find out more about the RDS team, including areas of expertise, please visit the Meet the Team page.