Training and Disclosing for Individuals without a University of Arizona NetID
This information is for individuals without a University of Arizona NetID who have been asked to complete the University's Conflict of Interest training and disclosure requirements.
As stated in the University of Arizona's Conflicts of Interest & Commitment Policy (the "Policy"), the University is dedicated to maintaining high standards in the conduct of its research and research-related activities. In order to maintain a high level of objectivity, the conduct of research should be free from bias generated by a financial conflict of interest (FCOI) on the part of any investigator, regardless of title or position. Under the policy, an investigator is
"any person who shares the responsibility of Conducting Research. This includes, but is not limited to, the Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, Co-Investigator, Project Director (PD), Co-PD, Senior/Key Personnel, and any other person, regardless of title or position, who is responsible for Conducting Research performed by or under the auspices of the University."
Subrecipients, consultants, and certain collaborators who conduct research with or for the University under a federally funded award to the University must show adherence to federal conflict of interest regulations. Additionally, investigators who conduct research involving human subjects must also comply with the University's conflict of interest training and disclosure requirements.
Any subrecipient or consultant that does NOT have its own federally-compliant policy and process within its organization that will be applied to their work on the federally funded award or IRB protocol can use the Office for Responsible Outside Interests as its conflict official and adhere to the University’s Policy and processes for a fee. Subrecipients and consultants who will comply with the University’s Policy should review the conflict of interest fee schedule and the training material provided below to fulfill the conflict of interest training requirement.
The training materials provide information to enable investigators to properly disclose outside interests as required by certain federal and industry sponsors and the Policy. Additional resources can be found by using the links provided on the last page of the training material.
- Complete this form to request guest access to the UArizona training system (EDGE Learning). Make sure to select "Conflict of Interest Required Disclosure Training (Non-UA Investigators)”.
- You will receive an email with instruction on how to access the system and complete the training. Please allow 2 business days for account creation. If you don’t receive an email after the second business day, email Research-Training@arizona.edu.
If any of the three bullets below accurately describes your involvement with the University of Arizona, you must complete and submit the Disclosure Form for Subcontractors, Consultants, and Collaborators web form:
- You do not have a UA NetID and Password and are participating on a University of Arizona IRB project;
- You have received a subaward/subcontract from the University of Arizona that requires you to complete University of Arizona Conflict of Interest training and disclosure; or
- You are providing consulting services to the University of Arizona on a sponsor funded project that requires you to complete University of Arizona Conflict of interest training and disclosure.
Please contact the Office for Responsible Outside Interests at email@example.com or (520) 626-6406 with questions.