Toward Achieving Racial Equity in Research: Progress & Next Steps
About This Episode
Join us Sept. 27 at 1 pm for a special Convo with Cantwell, where we'll follow up with the University's Racial Equity in Research initiative and discuss steps taken, progress made, and work still to be done. Institutional investments have been made towards increased data transparency, establishing a mentoring institute, improving the bias reporting system, examining promotion and tenure, internal research funds dedicated to examining or addressing racial inequities, developing new training resources and more. Each panelist will provide additional detail and be available to answer your questions.
WHAT: A monthly fireside chat
WHEN: Monday, September 27, 1 p.m.
TOPIC: Toward Achieving Racial Equity in Research: Progress & Next Steps
Our panelists will include:
- Andrea J Romero, Vice Provost, Faculty Affairs
- Judy Marquez Kiyama, Associate Vice Provost, Faculty Development
- Ravneet Chadha, Associate Vice President, University Analytics & Institutional Research
- Ivy Banks, Associate Vice Provost, Diversity & Inclusion
- Jen Fields, Director, Societal Impact
Join Dr. Cantwell as she leads her monthly live fireside chat designed to improve communications campus wide and answer questions about the University's research and innovation enterprise. Please note, you MUST register for this event even if you've registered for past Convos.