The HSPP considers Children, Cognitively Impaired Individuals, Pregnant Women and Neonates, Prisoners, and Native American or International Indigenous Populations to be vulnerable populations that require additional protections and safeguards. When your targeted population includes one or more of these vulnerable populations, the appropriate Appendix for Vulnerable Populations is required with your submission eIRB. Please see our guidance on conducting research in these population:
- Research Involving Children
- Research Involving Cognitively Impaired Adults
- Research Involving Pregnant Women
- Research Involving Neonates
- Research Involving Prisoners
- Research Involving Native American and Indigenous Populations
For specific questions regarding research involving Native American or International Indigenous Populations, please contact Claudia Nelson at email@example.com(link sends e-mail).