CGAPS Pandemic Drug Development Workshop
The University of Arizona’s Collaborative for Global Adaptive Pandemic Solutions (CGAPS) Workshops aim to use our knowledge of COVID-19 to predict and prepare for the next pandemic. These virtual interdisciplinary workshops are intended to engage our community around the topic of pandemic preparedness to initiate new research ideas and activities on how to predict, prevent, and mitigate the occurrence of future pandemics. Our goal is to get University scientists and community members together around themes related to COVID to discuss what we have learned and what questions we would still like to answer.
The July 30 virtual workshop will discuss the topics of bioactive compounds for use in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 viral replication, SARS, MERS, and membrane interactions; repurposing cardiovascular drugs that spare ACE2 function for treating COVID-19; identifying small molecules that inhibit the interaction of CoV-2 viral proteases with human target proteins that disrupt the immune system; and anti-virals targeting SARS-CoV-2.
- Dr Rajesh Khanna Professor and Vice Chair of Research, Department of Pharmacology and Associate Director of Research Operations, Comprehensive Pain and Addiction Center, University of Arizona
- Dr Wei Wang Professor, Pharmacology & Toxicology and Chemistry & Biochemistry and Co-Director, Arizona Center for Drug Discovery, University of Arizona
- Dr Brenda Hogue Professor, The Biodesign Institute & Center for Immunotherapy, Vaccines, & Virotherapy, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University
- Dr Gregory Thatcher Professor, Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona
- Dr May Khanna Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona
- Dr Jared Churko Assistant Professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arizona and Director of the University of Arizona iPSC Core
- Dr Jun Wang Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy University of Arizona
- Dr Samuel Campos Associate Professor, Immunobiology and Vice Chair, Cancer Biology GIDP, University of Arizona
- Dr Jennifer Carew Associate Professor, College of Medicine and Co-Director of the Hematologic Malignancy Disease Team, University of Arizona Cancer Center
For questions about access or to request any disability-related accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in this virtual event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org