Who is responsible for obtaining a Data Use Agreement (DUA)?

UA must enter into a Data Use Agreement (DUA) whenever it is transmitting or receiving a Limited Data Set, a type of Protected Health Information (PHI), for research, public health activities or health care operations. 

UA Contract Offices and Principal Investigators (PIs)/Business Owners are responsible for:

1. Determining if a Limited Data Set is involved for a specific purpose (research, public health activities, health care operations), and if so;

2. Determining whether:

(a) UA is TRANSMITTING/DISCLOSING a Limited Data Set to a third party (company, sponsor, institution). 

(b) UA is RECEIVING a Limited Data Set from a third party (company, sponsor, instiuttion). 

3. Submitting a request to the Contracting Services email address contracting@email.arizona.edu when a Data Use Agreement is needed.

FAQ Page

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive featured stories and event info to connect you with UArizona's research, innovation, entrepreneurial ventures, and societal impacts.

Subscribe now