Who must disclose whether they have outside interests?

Anyone who is an “Investigator” on a research project at the University (whether or not externally funded) must submit a disclosure.  “Investigator” is a defined term in the policy, and generally means “any person who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of Research.”

This includes but is not limited to the Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, Co-Investigator, Project Director (PD), Co- PD, Senior/Key Personnel, and any other persons involved in the Conduct of Research, regardless of title or position, who are responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of Research performed by or under the auspices of the University. This may include students, trainees, collaborators, volunteers, and Consultants if those individuals have some degree of independence in performing some aspect of design, conduct, or reporting of the Research. The term “Investigator” does not include individuals whose performance within the Research is purely ancillary or occurs solely under immediate supervision.”  Note:  This may be a broader universe than the individuals included on the HSPP’s List of Personnel Form.

FAQ Page