STEM Learning Center
The UA STEM Learning Center works to advance learning in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math for the benefit of Arizona youth, educators, and employers.
Connecting people, resources and research in the sciences & technology
Designated as a UA Center in April 2014, the STEM Learning Center is committed to:
- Advance learning in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math for the good of Southern Arizona youth, educators and employers
- Help strengthen our regional economy
- Ultimately, to benefit communities throughout Arizona
The STEM Learning Center operates on the guiding principle that to be healthy, Southern Arizona needs STEM-literate citizens who have access to quality education resources and opportunities for engaged learning throughout their lives.
The Center’s goals require a wide range of activities, including:
- Facilitating opportunities for lifelong learning
- Spreading information about best practices and effective pedagogy
- Conducting analytics on STEM learning
- Sustaining quality programs and expanding awareness of them
- Bringing together educators, industry, citizen groups and other stakeholders around STEM issues.