Research Coordination Group
Call for Expertise
Updated April 8, 2020
On March 12, 2020, the COVID-19 Research Coordination Group was established and charged with promoting and supporting the pursuit of research initiatives on coronavirus and/or assisting with state and local community efforts to prevent, contain, and/or surveil COVID-19.
The group is highly interdisciplinary, consisting of >150 members from 14 UArizona Colleges, including the health sciences, law, social and behavioral sciences, architecture, humanities, optical sciences, and engineering. If you are interested in joining this working group, please email Bekah Coşkun, DrPH, (email@example.com).
Weekly RCG meetings are held every Thursday from 1:00-1:45 via Zoom. The Zoom details can be accessed here, on Box.
- COVID-19 RCG Box—contains bios of RCG members, updates, slides and notes from our weekly meetings, and resources.
- UA COVID-19 RCG Slack Channels—Used to promote more streamlined communication among RCG members with similar interests and identify potential collaborators/expertise; includes the general RCG channel as well as special interest channels (e.g., Fabrication, Aging, Mental Health).
- COVID-19 Funding Opportunities page—contains links to solicitations from federal, state/local, foundations, and internal seed funding as well as templates for developing white paper/proposal components (added as they are developed).
- UA COVID-19 Media Experts Contacts Sign-Up Form—The University of Arizona's Marketing & Communications and Research, Innovation, and Impact are seeking faculty and researchers with expertise willing to be consulted by the media on COVID-19. Expertise is sought in multiple disciplines.
- UA PPE Donation form—The University of Arizona is coordinating PPE donations through UArizona Critical Incident Response Team (UACIRT). UACIRT will then coordinate with University Police Department (UAPD) to ensure that UA and our partners are equipped. Remaining items will be donated to Pima County's Office of Emergency Management (PCOEM) and distributed to the community.
- COVID-19 Funding Opportunities—contains information on funding opportunities from federal, state, and foundation sponsors
- Bekah Coşkun, DrPH—For RCG general inquiries and promotion of new solicitations and resources
- Jessica Moon, PhD—For proposal development support related to health sciences COVID-19 initiatives (e.g., technical editing of the proposal narrative/white paper, fit to sponsor, strategies for other opportunities).
- Courtney Coffey, PhD– For proposal development support related to education, policy, and non-health sciences related COVID-19 response
- Kim Patten, MS—For projects intended for submission as a state/local contract (immediate COVID-19 response projects only; no research projects).
Success Stories/Project Updates
- Emily Litvack, RII Communications—For developing a media story promoting UA COVID-19 response activities (you can also use the Media Experts form above).
- Associate Deans of Research (ADRs) and College Communications Team—For helping coordinate College/multi-College initiatives and tracking updates