Animal welfare concerns are taken very seriously at the University of Arizona. If you have an animal welfare concern, please contact one of the following. Complaints can be made anonymously.
- The IACUC via an on-line form found here.
- IACUC Office staff at (520) 626-9071 or (520) 626-1247
- Any member of the IACUC or any University Animal Care veterinarian
- University Animal Care – Arizona Health Sciences Center (AHSC) Office (520) 626-6702
- University Animal Care – CAF Office (520) 621-1330
- Anonymous Ethics and Compliance Hotline: (866) 364-1908
The confidentiality of any complainant will be maintained by all individuals involved in the review and/or investigation of alleged violations of animal care and use regulations and standards.
The Arizona Board of Regents has a written “whistle-blower” policy that prohibits supervisory personnel from taking adverse personnel action against an employee, or failing to take an otherwise appropriate action, as a result of the employee's good faith disclosure of alleged wrongful conduct to a public body or to a designated University officer on a matter of public concern. An employee who discloses and subsequently suffers an adverse personnel action as a result is subject to the protection of this Policy. See ABOR Policy 6-914: Protection of Employees from Reprisal for Whistleblowing.
False or malicious charges brought by the complainant to purposely harm the University or any of its departments, divisions, or units, the IACUC, or any individual, will be handled according to applicable classified staff, academic professional, or faculty policies of the University of Arizona.